/* Am I A Pundit Now?: Howard Kurtz Exclusive: Colleges Have Very Liberal Faculties

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Howard Kurtz Exclusive: Colleges Have Very Liberal Faculties

Hmm yes, let's file this under Well, Duh (via Pejmanesque). Even the most self-blindered liberal will admit that college faculties are overwhelmingly liberal. Been there, done that - every single poli sci professor save one at Boston University where I got a B.A. in Philosophy/Poli Sci was avowedly left wing. Heh, my student advisor was Howard Zinn if that tells you anything. We did have one excellent libertarian-ish prof who lectured on public policy however, which was one of the best classes I ever took. I had a psych professor who regularly lectured on the heartlessness of Ronald Reagan, and many other profs occasionally took shots at conservatism. It all seemed to go with the territory, like going to Italy and discovering that almost everyone there speaks italian. I wouldn't have changed it a bit, to tell you the truth. I had no problem immersing myself in conservative thought on my own time, while having the living gospel of liberalism taught to me in person. Someone in the blogosphere remarked that conservatives have an advantage against liberals: conservatives have been forced to learn to speak liberalish while liberals are ignorant of the real language conservatives use (and not the language that shows up in 'leaked senate memos', if you know what I mean).

6:06 AM | | |