/* Am I A Pundit Now?: Katrina Wakeup Call

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Katrina Wakeup Call

I didn't think I had anything to add to the Hurricane Katrina story, and so I hadn't blogged about it, until now, because a dark thought hit me.

We now know what it is like to lose an entire american city.

I am not comforted by the outpouring of aid and compassion by the American people - I fully expected that. Americans always do this, it is our modus operandi, and so there is nothing extraordinary about it.

I am even less comforted by the sizable segment of the American population that thinks the War on Terror is fake, misguided or wrong. Hurricane Katrina was unavoidable, but weapons of mass destruction purposely destroying an American city is quite avoidable.

If we are vigilant. If we are all vigilant.

Ken Says: Instapundit has posted a wide array of organizations accepting disaster relief funds.

8:22 AM | | |