/* Am I A Pundit Now?: Consistency Is The Hobgoblin Of Big Minds

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Consistency Is The Hobgoblin Of Big Minds

And that Big Mind belongs to Justice Clarence Thomas, who displays an admirable consistency on federalism.

The now-infamous medical marijuana Raich case may have enshrined Thomas as the hero of those who believe the Constitution means what it says.

Heh, in many circles that makes him an 'extremist'. I didn't realize the Constitution, as written, was that 'extreme'.

Even his buddy Antonin Scalia dropped the ball on this one I think.

Dean Esmay and XRLQ are up in arms over this case - and I can't say I really blame them.

Update: The Layperson's Guide To Raich is at the Drug War Rant - despite the blog's title this is an excellent one-stop breakdown of the case and its implications.

12:59 AM | | |